Tunisia announces first death from new coronavirus

By REUTERS
May 21, 2013 19:24

Tunis - A 66-year-old Tunisian man has died from new coronavirus, a strain of a virus that emerged in the Middle East last year, after a visit to Saudi Arabia, the health ministry said on Tuesday.

The man, a diabetic, died in hospital in the city of Monastir, ministry spokesman Ibrahim Labassi said. It was the first death in Tunisia from the virus.

"Tests showed that his two sons were infected by the same virus and they are under medical observation," Labassi said.


Related Content

Breaking news
February 24, 2018
Florida governor proposes tighter gun restrictions after school shooting

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 10 - 23
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 19
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 16
    Jerusalem
    10 - 18
    Haifa
  • 15 - 26
    Elat
    12 - 21
    Tiberias