Turkey issues arrest warrants for 115 people in connection with coup attempt

By REUTERS
October 13, 2017 09:47




Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)



ANKARA - Turkish authorities issued detention warrants for 115 people across 15 provinces over alleged links to last year's failed coup attempt, the state-run Anadolu news agency said on Friday.



The operations were aimed at breaking up the "financial structuring" of the network of U.S.-based Fethullah Gulen, Anadolu said.



Ankara blames Gulen for orchestrating the July 15 coup attempt last year and has repeatedly demanded the United States extradite him, so far in vain. Gulen denies involvement.



In the aftermath of the coup, more than 50,000 people have been jailed pending trial and some 150,000 have been sacked or suspended from their jobs in the military, public and private sector.


Related Content
Breaking news
December 14, 2017
Suicide bomber kills at least 13 in Somali capital

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 11 - 20
    Beer Sheva
    13 - 21
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 10 - 16
    Jerusalem
    13 - 18
    Haifa
  • 12 - 25
    Elat
    13 - 21
    Tiberias