UN discovers 17 new mass graves in central Congo

By REUTERS
April 19, 2017 13:21




Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

DAKAR - UN investigators have discovered 17 new mass grave sites in central Democratic Republic of Congo, bringing the total to 40 documented in an area where the army has clashed with a local militia, the United Nations said on Wednesday.

A UN statement said the grave sites were reportedly dug by Congolese soldiers after fighting with the Kamuina Nsapu militia in Kasai Central province last month.


Related Content
Breaking news
December 14, 2017
Egypt minister set to sign deal to resume Russian flights

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 11 - 20
    Beer Sheva
    13 - 21
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 10 - 16
    Jerusalem
    13 - 18
    Haifa
  • 12 - 25
    Elat
    13 - 21
    Tiberias