Would-be IS girl recruit planned school bombings, Danish court finds

By REUTERS
May 16, 2017 13:20
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

COPENHAGEN - A 17-year-old Danish girl who offered to fight for Islamic State was found guilty on Tuesday of planning bomb attacks at two schools, one of them Jewish, court documents showed.

The girl was arrested at her home in January last year, when she was aged 15, and charged with planning the attacks after acquiring chemicals for making bombs, police said.

Police who searched the residence found a handwritten note with the words "Allahu Akbar!" (God is greatest), a date, and the address of the Jewish school in Copenhagen

A second note was marked "bomb attack on the infidels" and gave the address of her own school near Holbaek, a town west of the capital.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 19, 2018
Iraq coordinated with Syrian government on anti-IS air strikes, says military

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 15 - 30
    Beer Sheva
    18 - 25
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 15 - 26
    Jerusalem
    16 - 25
    Haifa
  • 20 - 36
    Elat
    17 - 32
    Tiberias