Iran's military chief on Wednesday warned that the Islamic Republic was ready for war with Israel and the United States.
"We are ready for the decisive battle with America and the Zionist regime (Israel)," Iranian Armed forces chief of staff General Hassan Firouzabadi said, according to an AFP report citing Iranian media.
Firouzabadi also warned Iran's neighbors in the Gulf not to allow a US attack on Iran from their territory.
"We do not have any hostility towards regional states, but if we are ever attacked from the American bases in the region we will strike that area back," he said.
The Iranian military commander said that US assertions that the military option "is on the table," constituted mere "political bluffing."
"Over the past decade, they brought their forces but came to the conclusion that they can't attack us and left."
"I say explicitly, if some have delusions of having any threats against Iran on their tables, they need to wear new glasses. There is no military option against Iran on any table in the world," he said.
Earlier this week, the commander of Iran's navy ratcheted up the Islamic Republic's recent rhetoric against the United States, threatening the Americans with major losses at sea should they chose to attack Iranian nuclear facilities.
“The Americans can fully expect that their warships [and] aircraft carrier will be sunk with all 5,000 crew aboard, in combat against Iran, and they could find its hulk in the depths of the sea,” Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy Commander Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi was quoted as saying by semi-official Iranian Fars News on Sunday.
Jerusalem Post Annual Conference. Buy it now, Special offer. Come meet Israel's top leaders