Baby dies after left in hot car in Yehud

MDA urges parents not to leave young children in a vehicle for even a moment.

By
September 6, 2014 20:29
Hospital

Shaare Zedek Hospital. (photo credit: MARC ISRAEL SELLEM/THE JERUSALEM POST)

A two-year-old toddler died of heat prostration and asphyxiation on Friday in Yehuda after being forgotten in his parents’ car.

Magen David Adom paramedics tried to save the chid, who was unconscious and without a pulse and suffered burns from the hot metal on his baby seat when the ambulance arrived.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


He was rushed to Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer where he was declared dead. MDA said he had been left in the car for around 40 minutes by his mother who said she had been shopping for Shabbat preparations and “forgot” him.

MDA urged parents not to leave young children in a vehicle for even a moment.


Related Content

Actress Gal Gadot poses during a photocall to promote the movie
April 20, 2018
Gal Gadot makes 'Time 100' list

By AMY SPIRO

Israel Weather
  • 16 - 27
    Beer Sheva
    18 - 23
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 16 - 23
    Jerusalem
    16 - 22
    Haifa
  • 23 - 36
    Elat
    17 - 28
    Tiberias