JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. It’s an odd point of pride, perhaps, but Israelis take a strange satisfaction in the fact that their country is the only one where Starbucks, the international coffee giant, failed.
Read more: Why Starbucks failed in Israel (and only in Israel)
2. A documentary recently aired on a Russian television station with a potential reach of 100 million viewers laid blame for some of history's greatest calamities at the feet of the Jews.
Read more: Russian 'documentary' claims Jews behind Titanic, Chernobyl and 9/11
3. Celtic fans have so far raised over £136,000 in two days for Palestinian charities after the club received a disciplinary charge from the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).
Read more: Celtic fans raise over £136,000 for 'Palestine' after Israel match debacle
4. Twenty-five years after he graduated from a public high school in the French capital, Stephane Tayar recalls favorably his time in one of the world’s most thorough education systems.
Read more: How Paris public schools became no-go zones for Jew
5. At least 73 people died in a powerful earthquake that hit central Italy early on Wednesday, a spokeswoman for the civil protection department said.
Read more: Quake devastates mountain towns in central Italy, at least 73 believed killed