Lebanese authorities reportedly arrested one person on Friday in connection to the rocket attack from Lebanon into Israel earlier this morning.
The Beirut-based newspaper The Daily Star,
cited security forces as saying the suspect's car had blood stains that matched blood traces found at the scene where the rocket was launched. The man was reportedly injured during the attack.
According to the report, Lebanese Army Intelligence discovered more rockets intended to be used against Israel at the suspected launching pad, as they continued to search for the militants behind the incident. Two Grad rockets were defused during the operation.
The Lebanese Army also said that some 25 artillery shells were fired from Israel at the outskirts of Kfar Shuba; no casualties were reported.
The rocket fired from Lebanon overnight hit a village in the Upper Galilee. There were no injuries in the attack. Artillery fire was directed at the area from which the rocket was fired, a senior army source said.
The rocket was not fired by Hezbollah but by a small radical organization in Lebanon, Maj.-Gen. (res). Amos Gilad, director of Political-Security Affairs at the Defense Ministry, told Channel 2.
Yaakov Lappin contributed to this report.
Relevant to your professional network? Please share on Linkedin
Think others should know about this? Please share