2 Israelis wounded, assailant killed in 3 West Bank attacks

October 25, 2015 17:29

Israeli evacuated to hospital in Petah Tikva after suffering a stab wound to his upper body.

2 minute read.

Israeli stabbed in Ariel terror attack

Israeli stabbed in Ariel terror attack

Palestinian assailants wounded two Israelis, and Border Police shot and killed a Palestinian teenager who threatened them with a knife, in three separate attacks on Sunday in the West Bank.

In the evening, a Palestinian stabbed and seriously wounded a man at the Ariel junction in the West Bank. Magen David Adom paramedics said they found a 25-year-old man sitting on the sidewalk near the entrance to the city suffering from multiple stab wounds to his upper body.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

He was hospitalized in serious but stable condition at The Rabin Medical Center- Beilinson Campus in Petah Tikva.

Security forces arrested Tamer Khadir, 26, of the village of Beita, near Nablus as a suspect in that attack, the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) said. He has no known prior security offenses.

Ariel Mayor Eliyahu Shviro said he was concerned that an attack had occurred so close to his city of 18,000.

In Hebron, Border police officers shot and fatally wounded a Palestinian teenager, 17, who tried to stab the Ibrahimi Mosque that is located in the Cave of the Patriarchs compound, police spokesman Mickey Rosenfeld said.

Police had asked her for identification after her actions seemed suspicious. In response she took out a knife and walked toward them, while screaming, he said.

The officers fired shot and seriously wounded her before she could injure anyone. Reuters reported she died of her injuries.

In a separate attack in Gush Etzion, a Palestinian terrorist stabbed and moderately injured an Israeli civilian near the settlement of Metzad.

The Israeli had gotten out of a vehicle after Palestinians threw rocks at it, and an assailant stabbed him in the chest.

The man, 58, was evacuated in moderate condition to Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem’s Ein Kerem.

Paramedic Ram Naimi said that when he arrived at the scene, he saw a car stopped on the side of the road with its rear-view window smashed.

The stabbing victim was walking near the vehicle, fully conscious despite his wounds.

He also suffered a head wound from a rock thrown at him, Naimi said.

Gush Etzion spokesman Avi Ovadia said that the injured man scared away the Palestinian assailant by shooting at him. It was unclear whether or not the assailant was injured. The wounded Israeli tried to call for help but there was no reception, so he drove another half a kilometer until he found a spot where his telephone could work and then called again for assistance, Ovadia said.

The Etzion Regional Council head Davidi Perl renewed his call for improved cellular service in the Gush Etzion area in light of the terrorist attacks.

Related Content

An Israeli Air Force F-15 fighter jet flies during an aerial demonstration
February 17, 2018
Israeli Air Force strikes six Gaza targets following border attack


Israel Weather
  • 11 - 15
    Beer Sheva
    14 - 16
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 8 - 11
    13 - 14
  • 12 - 20
    12 - 17