At the US Jerusalem Consulate''s Facebook site, you can find this:
except if you go to the recommended site
, you can read:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
This program is open to high school graduates from traditionally underserved communities in the Middle East and North Africa, who are qualified but unable to afford a college education. Students enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program. Applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, and Yemen,
No "Palestine'' or "Occupied Palestinian Territories".
But it adds:
Interested candidates should visit the Tomorrow''s Leaders website at www.amideast.org/tl for full eligibility requirements and the application information.
and so i went there
. It still reads:
Eligibility: Applicants are being recruited from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, and Yemen. Please see your country-specific information page for eligibility requirements and the application deadline.
Someone at the Consulate conversed at FB:-
Haleem Oo What about the Palestinian students in gaza
U.S. Consulate General Jerusalem Yes they are included in this scholarship
Ala Essa I want to .... but how???
Haleem Oo how and where can i apply ?
Like · 1 · 14 hrs
Recognizing the valuable contributions that advisory board members make to our mission in Lebanon, AMIDEAST recently established a similar advisory board in the West Bank and Gaza. This body will help AMIDEAST advance its work in several priority areas, including the expansion of scholarship and training opportunities for Palestine’s large youth population. AMIDEAST is pleased that the following prominent Palestinian business and civic leaders have agreed to serve on the new advisory board:
- Mr. Ammar Aker, CEO, The Paltel Group
- Dr. Adnan Mjalli, Owner and President of Transtech Pharmaceuticals, Greensboro, N.C.
- Mr. Ahed Bseiso, President, Home Engineering Company
- Mr. Bashar Masri, Chairman and CEO, Massar International
- Ms. Maha Abu Shusheh, Chairwoman, Palestinian Shippers Council; Manager, Abu Shusheh Contracting
- Mr. Nasser Kamal, Chairman, Palestinian Construction Product Company, Limited
- Ms. Reem Abboushi, Executive Director, Asala: the Palestinian Businesswomen''s Association
- Mr. Samir Hulileh, CEO, PADICO Holding Company
- Mr. Talal Nassereddine, CEO, Birzeit Pharmaceutical Company
Of course, a Jewish resident of "Palestine" cannot apply, in any case. and there is no Hebrew at that FB account, either.