Algerian source: Two dead siege militants were Canadians

January 21, 2013 10:40

ALGIERS - Two dead Islamist militants found inside the Algerian desert siege site were Canadians, an Algerian security source told Reuters on Monday.

Algerian special forces had discovered the bodies at the Tiguentourine gas plant near the town of In Amenas, the source said.

Troops stormed the plant on Saturday, ending a hostage crisis which began when Islamists took control of the site before dawn on Wednesday. Many hostages, including American, British, French, Japanese, Norwegian and Romanian citizens, are among those missing or confirmed dead.

An official Algerian source said previously that the group behind the attack had comprised Arabs, Africans, and also people from outside the African continent.

Related Content

Breaking news
March 20, 2018
Syrian state media: Rocket attack kills at least 29 in Damascus market


Israel Weather
  • 13 - 28
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 13 - 23
    12 - 22
  • 18 - 31
    14 - 28