Bahrain says it has identified suspects in bomb attack
October 20, 2012 14:11
DUBAI - Bahrain's interior minister said on Saturday that the country had identified several suspects in a bomb attack on Thursday that killed one policeman and injured another following clashes between protesters and the security services in the US ally.
The tiny Gulf Arab kingdom has been convulsed by unrest since February last year after mass demonstrations led by majority Shi'ites demanding democratic change in the Sunni-led monarchy.
Thursday's explosion, which the government called a "terrorist attack" and which followed clashes in a village south of the capital, was the latest such bombing this year. Four policemen were injured in a similar incident in May.