China says Indian forces have withdrawn to Indian side of disputed border

By REUTERS
August 28, 2017 10:40
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

BEIJING - China's Foreign Ministry on Monday said Indian troops had withdrawn to the Indian side of a disputed border area where the two countries' soldiers had been locked in stand-off for more than two months.

Speaking at a daily news briefing, ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said Chinese troops would continue to patrol the disputed Doklam region.

Earlier on Monday, India's foreign ministry said it had agreed with China to an "expeditious disengagement" of troops at the disputed border area.

The move comes ahead of a summit of the BRICS nations - a grouping that also includes Brazil, Russia and South Africa - in China early next month.


Related Content

Breaking news
February 22, 2018
Iran will withdraw from nuclear deal if there is no economic benefit

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 9 - 22
    Beer Sheva
    10 - 20
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 16
    Jerusalem
    11 - 19
    Haifa
  • 17 - 25
    Elat
    12 - 22
    Tiberias