Hamas armed wing rejects reported Egyptian ceasefire plan

By REUTERS
July 15, 2014 07:22

The armed wing of the Palestinian militant group Hamas on Tuesday rejected the reported text of an Egyptian ceasefire proposal made on Monday, according to its official website.

The al-Qassam Brigades said it had not officially received the text of the agreement but said excerpts published in the media showed it was "an initiative of kneeling and submission".

"Our battle with the enemy continues and will increase in ferocity and intensity," it added.

Egypt's proposal aimed to end a week of cross-border fighting which has killed at least 180 Palestinians.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 24, 2018
Israel says will not forcibly deport migrants as previously planned

By JPOST.COM STAFF

Israel Weather
  • 16 - 31
    Beer Sheva
    17 - 25
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 15 - 27
    Jerusalem
    16 - 27
    Haifa
  • 19 - 32
    Elat
    18 - 32
    Tiberias