Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander: FM not qualified to comment on army matters
ByREUTERS
11 December 2013 09:58

The commander of Iran's elite revolutionary guards force, Mohammad Jafari, said the foreign minister was not qualified to comment on military matters, after the minister said the West could easily destroy the country's defenses.

Last week Mohmmad Javad Zarif was quoted by local media as saying the West had little fear of Iran's military defenses and could destroy them if it wished, although Zarif has said his statement was skewed and taken out of context.



"We consider him an experienced diplomat, but he has no experience in the military field," Fars news agency reported Jafari as saying on Tuesday, without naming Zarif.

The commander-in-chief of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, Jafari was answering a question about whether US forces could destroy Iran's military capability with a few bombs.

"It's not like that at all. He has no military experience or expertise," Jafari said during a visit to Tehran's Imam Sadiq University.

Share this article via
from around the web
Related Content
Woman weeping.
01 March 2014
New Worlds: Tell the whole truth

By JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH

Top Stories
Israel Weather
  • 10 - 22
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 21
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 10 - 15
    Jerusalem
    11 - 17
    Haifa
  • 13 - 23
    Elat
    13 - 21
    Tiberias