Mofaz announces he will not run for the next Knesset

By GIL STERN STERN HOFFMAN
January 27, 2015 14:37

Shaul Mofaz announced Tuesday that he will not run for the next Knesset, after being rejected last week by the Labor party.

Labor leader Isaac Herzog decided not to seek a merger with Mofaz's Kadima party. Instead, MK Omer Bar Lev will be the party's security figure and former Military Intelligence chief Amos Yadlin will be the party's candidate for defense minister if Herzog forms a government and keeps the portfolio.

"I will honestly admit that I am not an excellent  politician," Mofaz said in a statement. "Politics is not what I try to excel in, but the people of Israel have a storied history of leaders, and people who get things done, and I prefer to be counted among them."

Mofaz said he is proud that he always chose a fair and honest path even if it was longer or harder.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 21, 2018
EU welcomes North Korean move on nuclear tests, urges denuclearization

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 14 - 25
    Beer Sheva
    16 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 12 - 21
    Jerusalem
    15 - 21
    Haifa
  • 19 - 36
    Elat
    17 - 28
    Tiberias