The IDF will continue to act to thwart attacks and hit hard at those who want to harm Israel, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Wednesday in reaction to the rocket fire on the south.
"It appears this rocket fire comes as a response to out action yesterday," he said, referring to an IAF airstrike in the southeastern Gaza Strip on Tuesday that killed three Islamic Jihad operatives.
Netanyahu said that the number of rockets fired from Gaza last year was the lowest it has been in a decade. "But we are not satisfied with that," he said. "We will continue to work to ensure the security of Israeli residents in the south and throughout the country."