Police rule out foul play in fire that caused death of 3 children in Rahat

January 3, 2016 13:50

Police have ruled out foul play in the death of three children from a family in Rahat who died of smoke inhalation following a fire in the family house on Saturday night.

The Negev subdistrict police said the blaze was caused by a space heater that was on inside the house and caught fire.

On Saturday night, Magen David Adom paramedic Najib Sana said “when we arrived at the clinic it was a very difficult sight. We saw thee medical staff trying to revive the three infants who were showing no signs of life, not breathing, with no pulse, and their faces covered in soot.”

On Sunday morning, after the investigation had been completed, police released the bodies of Taufik Abu Jabar, 1 and his sisters Huda, 3, and Eden, 4, for burial. 

Police on Saturday night confirmed that the childrens’ grandmother is the cousin of Lod resident Ayman Shaaban, the taxi driver who was gunned down Friday in Tel Aviv in a murder that police believe is linked to the shooting attack on Dizengoff earlier in the day.

Related Content

Breaking news
March 20, 2018
The Weinstein Company files for bankruptcy


Israel Weather
  • 13 - 28
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 13 - 23
    12 - 22
  • 18 - 31
    14 - 28