Spanish court says to try alleged Islamists, renews request for US help

March 29, 2016 19:03

Spain's High Court said on Tuesday it would try six alleged members of an Islamist cell and would also renew its request for help from the United States to retrieve emails and social media posts belonging to the men.

Investigating magistrate Jose de la Mata wrote in a ruling that the court was ready to try the men, arrested in January last year in Ceuta, a Spanish enclave in Morocco, on charges of belonging to a terrorist organization.

However, De la Mata said that after several meetings and discussions with US authorities, a request for them to ask Microsoft and Facebook to release profiles and emails related to the case had not been met.

Related Content

Breaking news
March 24, 2018
Bombing kills two in Egypt's Alexandria, targets security chief


Israel Weather
  • 9 - 23
    Beer Sheva
    13 - 21
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 18
    13 - 20
  • 16 - 29
    12 - 23