Tel Aviv Police have opened an investigation into the mysterious death of a young woman who died suddenly on Tuesday after drinking an unknown substance while staying in a rental “cabin” next to Tel Aviv University.
Tel Aviv Police Spokesman Eran Yehuda said that around mid-day a man called paramedics saying that he and a friend of his had drank something in the hotel room and that his friend was unconscious. Yehuda said police and paramedics arrived at the scene to find the woman unresponsive and that attempts to revive her failed.
The man was lightly hurt and taken by Magen David Adom paramedics to Ichilov Hospital, where he was listed as being in light condition.
The incident took place at a compound of shacks which is on the campus of Tel Aviv University, just past the parking lot for the school of social work. Yehuda said the “hotel” rents out rooms by the hour, and that police have not determined what brought the man, who was in his 40s, and the woman in her 20s to the site on Tuesday.
Yehuda said police still do not know what the two drank, but that it was not alcohol. He added that police will only know what poisoned the woman after her autopsy at Abu Kabir Forensic Institute is completed.