International Transport Fed backs calls for independent investigation into Arab bus driver’s death
PA denies postponing statehood bid at Security Council
State charges Palestinian with stabbing of IDF soldier at Tel Aviv train station
IDF forces arrest 11 Palestinians overnight in West Bank
Barkat: My goal is to be able to respond within one minute to any security incident
Livnat blasts Likud for rightward shift
Ya’alon praises Chuck Hagel as ‘true friend’
Shaked: Haredi enlistment to IDF for 2014/5 likely to be met
Rivlin takes on cause of rights of battered non-Jewish wives
Sharp rise in additional, private health insurance costs
Health Scan: BGU course makes med students more empathetic
The toilet taboo
Pro-public health advocates battle against private-medicine lobbying and ad campaign
Zion Tech: Israeli start up Dogiz helps dogs and owners socialize
Zion Tech: Our Israeli start-up of the week aims to make air pollution visible
From Silicon Valley to Silicon Wadi
'Leviathan gas reservoir to begin flowing by early 2018'
Two Israeli films make the Oscar short list
Funeral Monday for Israel Zamir, only son of Isaac Bashevis Singer
Festival review: Curtain Up 2014
JEST’s grand finale
Jerusalem still perfect after tough battle in Rishon
Sakhnin edges Beitar in subdued showdown
Rishon’s credentials to come under scrutiny vs J’lem
Vermut clinches dramatic win for Hapoel TA
Israel gets first snow fall of the season
Swiss Museum to accept Gurlitt collection
WATCH: Thousands of Chabad rabbis convene for annual gathering in New York
Turkish governor's wish to morph synagogue into museum raises ire
Nazi-looted art collection may find new home in Switzerland
Ukrainian president to mark Auschwitz liberation in Prague
US, Israel praise extension as safe path forward in Iran nuclear talks
Voters may turn back the clock on ‘Arab Spring’
Diplomacy more 'effective' than alternatives with Iran, Kerry says
Turkish president Erdogan: Women are not equal to men, should accept motherhood as societal role
Netanyahu: Lack of Iran deal gives chance to stiffen economic sanctions
The last of the anti-Semites
On my mind: Arab-Jewish tensions
The 'peace process' that kills
Letters: November 24, 2014
Fundamentally Freund: Who’s afraid of a Jewish nation-state?
Cinema of reconciliation
On the volcano’s edge
Knowledge, power and abuse
Q&A with a Colombian lone soldier
European Press: Dividing line
Veterans: Keeping an ear out for change
Book Review: Written from his heart
This Week in Jerusalem
Who is your God?
Grapevine: Amazing place
A voice from India
Happily Eva After: When the going gets tough...
Grapevine: Reclaiming our heritage
Upscale dining in Neveh Tzedek
Obama: Helping terror go nuclear
On incitement, lots of talk but little action
To finally look behind the news
Recognizing Palestine – anomalies and ambiguities
A song for Cheshvan: 'The Eucalyptus Grove'
הָאַרְכִיוֹן שֶל רוֹמַן וִישְנִיָאק
Har Nof in flames
A First Look: Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
Bennett announces Water City for Israeli technologies in Shougang, China
Sail Away with me
Q&A with a Guatemalan combat soldier
Meet the Ambassador: No longer a conference diplomat
Tempête au sein de la coalition
Crise de confiance
Qui prendra la relève de Mahmoud Abbas ?
Arafat, Abbas, même combat ?
Daniel Oren, maestro d’Israël, d’Italie et d’ailleurs !
Nos plus belles années ?
De Berlin à New York, 1920-1975
Le pogrome de Constantine
Le pot de chocolat liégeois par qui le scandale arrive
Le dernier kibboutz
La course aux étoiles
Les mordus du français
On n’invite pas un pyromane à éteindre un incendie
Tuer l’EI dans l’œuf
Le mont du Temple et la guerre sainte de l’islam
Les attentats du lundi 10 novembre vus par la presse française
L’Europe, nouvelle alliée d’Abbas ?
Christian priest speaks out strongly in favor of Jewish state law
Hispanic Evangelicals among Israel's greatest supporters
Christians United for Israel Chairman John Hagee says Obama is anti-Semitic
Temple Mount: Common ground between Jews and Christians
Pope Francis condemns Palestinian violence
KKL Belgium Donates Portable Bomb Shelter to Kiryat Gat
KKL-JNF Awards 2014 Blumberg Prize
Exploring the Ilanot Botanical Garden and the Vickar Observation Point
Cornerstone Laid for Sports Rehab Park at Meir Hospital
Mexican Politician and Business Leader Miguel Aleman Velasco Visits KKL-JNF in Jerusalem
International Conference in Sde Boker: Combating Desertification Together
Rehabilitation of the Lower Jordan: Bringing the River Back to Life
Central America Celebrates Independence at the Rabin Center
In his Footsteps: Heritage Excursions in Memory of Yitzhak Rabin
Cleanup Day Activities in Central Israel
International Cleanup Day: Cleaning Together in Northern Israel
KKL-JNF's Eyes in the Forest - The Horshim Forest Green Patrol
Israel Today and Tomorrow: KKL France Mission Visits Israel
Start-up Israel: KKL Italy November Mission Learns about Israel's Past and Future
KKL-JNF and Desert Agriculture Latin American Diplomats visit the Negev
A Successful Annual Fundraising Event for KKL Milan
Living Green in Israel: the Contest and the Winners
Addressing Climate Change Conference
Nurturing the Foresters of the Future
Saving the Sabras
11.24.2014 | 2 Kislev, 5775
Prime minister to Channel 1: I’ll be running again in next election
Not all bleak for Netanyahu
China’s moves: US decline, or balance in Asia?
Hanegbi heads to Myanmar for highest-level visit in 35 years
Former ambassador to the US Oren may enter politics on list Kahlon is drafting
MK calls on PM to destroy homes of Jews who murdered Arab teen
Netanyahu: Hamas leaders are legitimate targets, no one is invincible
Kahlon indicates comeback with new ‘framework’
'Israel no better than Chelm for providing electricity to Palestinian companies that boycott it'
Manhattan borough president shows solidarity with Israel visit
Ministers and MKs urge Netanyahu to pound Hamas
Right-wing MKs call to investigate Balad party, ban it from Knesset after Qatar trip
Diplomacy & Politics
GIL HOFFMAN \
US Secretary of State John Kerry addresses the AIPAC annual policy confernce in Washington, March 3, 2014..
Sixty-six percent of Israeli Jews and 53% of Israeli Arabs do not trust US Secretary of State John Kerry to take the country’s security into account in the American negotiating framework agreement he intends to reveal next month.This according to the monthly Peace Index poll sponsored by the Israel Democracy Institute and Tel Aviv University, which was published on Tuesday.Thirty-one percent of Israeli Jews and 32% of Arab Israelis do trust Kerry to take into account Israel’s security. Among Israelis who consider themselves left-wing, the number was 79%, but among right-wingers it was only 19%.Sixty-one percent of Jews and 56% of Arabs believe that Kerry’s main motivation for reaching a framework agreement is a personal interest in making history as a statesman where others have failed. Only 22% of Jewis and 16% of Arabs believe he is motivated by honest concern for the future of the two parties. Eight percent of Jewish Israelis and 14% of Arab Israelis believe he is equally motivated by the chance to make history and concern for the parties.When asked which side the Americans were pressuring more, 74% of Israeli Jews said Israel, 12% said both sides equally, and only 5% said the Palestinians.Among Israeli Arabs, 29% believe the Americans are more strongly pressuring the Palestinians to accept the framework agreement, 26% believe both sides are being equally pressured, and 25% believe Israel is under more pressure.Fifty percent of the Jewish public and 69% of the Arab public think Israel should show flexibility on the framework agreement in order to avoid a direct clash with the US. But 46% of the Jewish public and nine percent of the Arab public think Israel should not show such flexibility.Similarly, 49% of Israeli Jews and 71% of Israeli Arabs would support a freeze on building in the settlements if Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu had agreed to do so in order to allow the framework agreement to continue. But 47% of Israeli Jews and 21% of Israeli Arabs would not support a settlement freeze in order to facilitate Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.Sixty-eight percent of Israeli Jews and 43% of Israeli Arabs say they will accept the framework, even if it goes against their political position, if it is approved by the government and in a referendum.Twenty-three percent of Israeli Jews and 34% of Israeli Arabs say they would act to prevent a framework agreement’s implementation if it goes against their political position, even if it is approved by the government and in a referendum.The survey was conducted last Monday and Tuesday. It included 603 respondents who constitute a representative sample of the adult population of Israel. The measurement error for a sample of this size is 4.1 percentage points.
Your comment must be approved by a moderator before being published on JPost.com.
Disqus users can post comments automatically.
Comments must adhere to our Talkback policy. If you believe that a comment has breached the Talkback policy, please press the flag icon to bring it to the attention of our moderation team.
Sign up for our newsletter
Please insert a valid email address
By signing up to The Jpost mailing list, I hereby