Drunken Grilled Chicken 150.
This grilled chicken has some rum and lots of great sweet flavors to contrast the alcohol.
Feel free to substitute any other alcohol or red wine for the rum. It gives it depth of flavor without tasting like rum. It also tenderizes the chicken to help make it juicy.
Drunken Grilled ChickenServes 4
• 2/3 cup dark rum
• 1/3 cup orange juice
• 1 teaspoon orange zest
• 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (non-fish version)
• 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
• 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
• 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, trimmed of excess fat
• 2 oranges, sliced into thick rounds, for garnish
Whisk the rum, orange juice, orange zest, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, and cilantro together in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to four hours.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken on the grill and cook until browned on both sides and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes per side, basting with leftover marinade a few times throughout.
Place the orange slices on the grill. Grill on both sides for about one minute each side. Squeeze the grilled oranges over the chicken. Serve sprinkled with cilantro and garnish with the orange slices.
Relevant to your professional network? Please share on Linkedin