JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The slogans of a fringe, haphazard, made-for-television presidential campaign were institutionalized by the Republican Party this week in Ohio, where the halls of its national convention are plastered with Donald Trump’s most memorable lines.
Read more: On Trump, Jewish voters not taking the bait
2. This week's infiltration of a Syrian drone into Israeli airspace, and the failure to intercept it with Patriot missiles, seemingly exposed the limitations of Israel's air defense systems against the threat of such a small and slow unmanned aerial vehicle that could potentially attack targets within the country.
Read more: How can Israeli air defense systems counter the drone threat?
3. A German man traveling by train in Austria was arrested after throwing racist insults at a woman and her son, Germany's English speaking news site, The Local, reported Tuesday.
Read more: German man throws Nazi slur at the wrong person
4. Israel is continuing to make inroads into Africa, as Chad – which has suddenly found itself on the front lines in the battle against Islamic extremists – is expected to be the next majority-Muslim African state to reestablish ties with Jerusalem, The Jerusalem Post has learned.
Read more: Israel, Palestinian Authority in African diplomatic battle
5. A British lawmaker who said Israel would eventually disappear accused the Jewish state of being a major cause in the rise of jihadism worldwide.
Read more: British lawmaker accuses Israel of causing rise in jihadism