JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. A suspected Islamist attacker stabbed a French police commander to death outside his home and later killed his companion, a policewoman, in an attack claimed by Islamic State and denounced by the government as "an abject act of terrorism."
Read more: Report: Killer broadcast ISIS-claimed stabbing in France live on Facebook
2. Terrorism must always be confronted, and this does not depend on the identity of the victims, but rather on the nature of the act, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday.
Read more: Netanyahu: Orlando and Tel Aviv terrorists driven by hatred of freedom
3. Numerous regulars at the popular LGBT club Pulse have come forward stating that Omar had previously been seen at the club multiple times leading up to the shooting.
Read more: Orlando gunman reportedly went to LGBT club before shooting, used gay dating apps
4. The Israeli ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, Eviatar Manor accused the UNHRC of overly focusing on Israel’s actions against the Palestinians at the expense of other more serious human rights situations in the Middle East.
Read more: Israel to UNHRC: ‘You’ve never cared for us, how do you expect us to take you seriously?'
5. Classic rock band Queen will bring a “killer” show full of well-known and beloved hits to Tel Aviv’s Park Hayarkon on September 12, with Adam Lambert as lead singer.
Read more: Don't stop them now: Queen and Adam Lambert will rock Tel Aviv