fogel itamar attack body bags 311.
A number of news Web sites that are affiliated with the Palestinian Authority claimed on Monday that the Itamar killings were committed by a foreign worker who was employed in the settlement.
PA-controlled media outlets also highlighted the story and continued to cast doubt about Israeli claims that Palestinians were behind the killings.
RELATED:PM: Abbas should condemn Itamar attack in PA mediaReuters denies using anti-Israel rhetoric
The Bethlehem-based news agency Ma’an, which is close to the PA leadership, ran a lead news story that claimed that a Thai worker had been arrested by the IDF on suspicion of killing the five members of the Fogel family on Friday night.
The agency did not say how it obtained the information. However, it said that shortly after the killings, Israeli security forces arrested all the Thai workers who were inside the settlement.
Ma’an pointed out that no Palestinian group had claimed responsibility for the attack and that Palestinians were banned from entering settlements.
Another Palestinian news agency, Qudsnet, claimed that an Asian man who
used to work for the Fogel family was behind the killings.
Quoting a Palestinian family living in the nearby village of Awarta, the
agency said that the family members were slaughtered because the father
refused to pay the Asian worker his salary, which is estimated at
The latest claims came as PA President Mahmoud Abbas, in an interview
with Kol Yisrael, condemned the Itamar killings as “despicable, immoral
Abbas said that a “human being is not capable of something like that.”
He said that had the PA had advance information, “we would have
Offering to help Israel in the investigation, Abbas rejected accusations
of incitement and said he was prepared to be part of an
Israeli-American-Palestinian committee to look into the allegations.
Relevant to your professional network? Please share on Linkedin