Israel police will open an official criminal investigation into media personality Emmanuel Rosen, following an initial probe launched last week into a series of sexual harassment allegations against him, national police headquarters announced Monday.
The allegations directed at Rosen have been the subject of an Israeli media firestorm ever since a Haaretz article almost two weeks ago named him as the “senior media figure” accused of sexual harassment.
In the days since, a number of former colleagues have given testimony to police and made statements to the press, including former colleague Channel 2 anchor Gadi Sukenik, who said the allegations are “just the tip of the iceberg” and that Rosen committed much worse offenses.
The article in Haaretz and subsequent articles since have included testimony from women who worked with Rosen in the past, most of them young women just starting their careers in journalism who said he pursued them obsessively, and often refused to heed their refusals.
On Sunday, Rosen’s media adviser Moshe Ronen said he and Rosen welcome the police investigation, and that it will be an improvement over the current situation – in which Rosen is being tried in the court of public opinion.
Jerusalem Post Annual Conference. Buy it now, Special offer. Come meet Israel's top leaders