Australian authorities say Malaysia plane search shifts north

ByREUTERS
March 28, 2014 07:16




SYDNEY - Australian authorities said on Friday that they have abandoned the previous search area in the southern Indian Ocean for wreckage of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, in favour of a new site more than 1,000 km north.

"We have moved on from those search areas to the newest credible lead," John Young, general manager of the emergency response division of AMSA, told reporters in Canberra.

Young said the revised data, which was based on the jet traveling at a faster but constant speed than previously thought, could be revised still further as analysis continued.

Related Content
Breaking news
July 24, 2017
Parents of UK baby Charlie Gard agree to let him die

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 24 - 36
    Beer Sheva
    24 - 30
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 23 - 33
    Jerusalem
    24 - 30
    Haifa
  • 30 - 41
    Elat
    28 - 39
    Tiberias