GENEVA - Efforts to evacuate civilians and wounded from the battered Syrian city of Homs failed again when a rescue team could not enter affected areas, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said on Thursday.
Beatrice Megevand-Roggo, head of ICRC operations for the Near and Middle East, said in a statement that there had been an agreement from Syrian authorities and the opposition for the ICRC team to carry out an evacuation.
"On the spot, however, agreed-upon conditions were not met and the staff were unable to proceed," she said without providing specifics.
Jerusalem Post Annual Conference. Buy it now, Special offer. Come meet Israel's top leaders