In a rare move, Iran's deputy parliament speaker said on Sunday that a parliamentary inquiry committee had been established to investigate the death in custody of anti-government blogger Sattar Beheshti.

Iran's cyber police arrested the 35-year-old blogger on October 30 after he wrote a blog post saying that he had been threatened by the security services. Iranian opposition groups said that police raided Beheshti's home and seized his personal belongings including a computer.

On November 7, the authorities told Beheshti's family to collect his body. According to the BBC's Persian service, the security forces refused to allow anyone other than Beheshti's brother in law to attend his funeral on Thursday.

The Iranian Student's News Agency (ISNA) quoted Mohammad Hassan Abutorabi-Fard as saying that parliament's Committee on Foreign Policy and National Security would look into Beheshti's death.

Please LIKE our Facebook page - it makes us stronger