Official: Turkey lifts block on access to YouTube

ByREUTERS
June 3, 2014 16:39



ANKARA - Turkey's telecoms regulator on Tuesday removed from its website an official order blocking access to YouTube after the country's top court ruled last week the ban imposed by Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan's government was a breach of rights.



The video-sharing web site will be accessible in Turkey later on Tuesday, an official at the prime minister's office told Reuters.

Blocks on access to YouTube and Twitter were imposed after audio recordings, purportedly revealing corruption in Erdogan's inner circle, were leaked on the sites. The block on access to Twitter was lifted in April.

Share this article via
Related Content
Breaking news
May 25, 2017
NATO chief says Trump committed to alliance, 'blunt' on spending demands

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 13 - 29
    Beer Sheva
    18 - 24
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 16 - 26
    Jerusalem
    17 - 24
    Haifa
  • 22 - 35
    Elat
    19 - 32
    Tiberias