There is virtually no danger that a two-month-old baby who was accidentally fed breast milk from a woman who was found to be an HIV carrier could be infected himself,” according to the Schneider Children’s Medical Center in Petah Tikva, where the mixup occurred.
The accident, which occurred on Shabbat, was reported to the Health Ministry, which is investigating. The baby who received another mother’s milk is receiving protease inhibits to even further reduce the risk of infection. Someone in the pediatrics ward apparently confused the two bottles in the department refrigerator, the hospital said.
Stay on top of the news - get the Jerusalem Post headlines direct to your inbox!