South Korea says it will strike back if attacked by North

ByREUTERS
October 19, 2012 08:54

SEOUL - South Korea would launch a counter-strike at the source of any North Korean attack, Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin said on Friday, after Pyongyang threatened to open fire on South Korean territory if anti-North leaflets were sent over their border.

"If that were to happen, there will be a perfect response against the source of the attack," Kim was quoted by Yonhap news agency as telling a parliamentary committee when asked about the threat made by the North earlier on Friday.

North Korea said it would deal a "merciless military strike" if leaflets were dropped as scheduled on Monday. A non-government group of North Korean exiles and activists said it would go ahead with a plan to send anti-Pyongyang propaganda.

Share this article via
Related Content
Breaking news
May 24, 2017
Singer Ariana Grande suspends concert tour following Manchester attack

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 14 - 28
    Beer Sheva
    17 - 25
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 14 - 24
    Jerusalem
    17 - 23
    Haifa
  • 22 - 34
    Elat
    18 - 32
    Tiberias