Tourist suffers brain death from severe reaction to tehina; family donates organs
ByJudy Siegel-Itzkovich
01 April 2014 17:13

A 30-year-old tourist from South Africa suffered lower-brain death a few weeks ago as a result of eating tehina where she was staying alone.

She quickly developed anaphylactic shock and lost consciousness.



When she was found medical personal were called and she was subsequently hospitalized at Jerusalem?s Sha'are Zedek Medical Center, which contacted her family abroad.

The family agreed to donate her organs for transplant. The organs were removed and sent to the Israel Transplantation Center.

Share this article via
from around the web
Related Content
Woman weeping.
01 March 2014
New Worlds: Tell the whole truth

By JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH

Top Stories
Israel Weather
  • 15 - 23
    Beer Sheva
    15 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 11 - 15
    Jerusalem
    14 - 17
    Haifa
  • 18 - 24
    Elat
    14 - 22
    Tiberias