UN chief condemns "terrorist bomb attacks" in Syria

By REUTERS
April 30, 2012 23:00




UNITED NATIONS - UN chief Ban Ki-moon condemned on Monday "terrorist bomb attacks" in the Syrian cities of Damascus and Idlib, and noted that while there had been security improvements in areas monitored by UN observers, he was "gravely concerned" by the continued violence.

"The Secretary-General condemns the terrorist bomb attacks in the cities of Idlib and Damascus which took place today and on 27 April 2012, killing and injuring scores of people," Ban's press office said in a statement

"While noting improvements in areas where UN monitors are deployed, the Secretary-General remains gravely concerned by reports of continued violence, killing and abuses in Syria in recent days," it said.

Related Content
Breaking news
September 26, 2017
Russian bombers fire cruise missiles at Islamic State targets in Syria

By REUTERS