Two men working at an industrial facility in Ashdod died on Saturday after
inhaling toxic fumes, Magen David Adom said.
Paramedics pronounced the
men dead after efforts to resuscitate them failed.
The accident prompted
Hadash MK Dov Henin to call for increased supervision of hazardous
“We can’t reconcile ourselves to a situation in which work
accidents involving dangerous materials become the standard, and cost human
lives over and over again,” he said.
“We must change the standard,
strengthen enforcement, and punish those responsible for these
The Occupational and Health Safety Administration in the
Industry, Labor and Trade Ministry is investigating the incident, a ministry
spokesman said. Police have also opened an investigation.
and Ben Hartman contributed to this report.