print gohome
jpost
 
Print Edition
Photo by: Ben Hartman
Police say no evidence confirming child abducted in Holon, scale back search
By BEN HARTMAN
09/02/2014
12-year-old girl had told officers she saw girl being stuffed into trunk setting off search of area.
 
Police said Sunday that they have found no evidence confirming a report that a girl was kidnapped in Holon earlier in the day.

Acting on an eyewitness account from a 12-year-old girl who told officers she saw a young girl being forced into the trunk of a vehicle, police had been scouring the area.

Given a lack of evidence that a child was actually abducted, police were scaling back the search.

According to police, a 12-year-old girl told officers that she saw a young girl being forced into the trunk of a black car on Shaar Haariyot Street in Holon, before the car then tore off from the scene.

Police arrived on the scene and began canvassing the area in an attempt to locate the girl.

Police contacted local schools to see if there were children who had not reported to class, but as of Sunday afternoon had not been able to confirm the 12-year-old's report.
print gohome
print
All rights reserved © 1995 - 2012 The Jerusalem Post.