The National Security Council’s Counterterrorism Bureau reissued a travel advisory on Saturday for the Sinai Peninsula, urging Israelis there to immediately return home.

While a travel advisory for Sinai has been in place for years, the counterterrorism bureau said that the new warning was a result of intelligence that terrorists were plotting an imminent attack against Israelis vacationing or visiting the peninsula.

The counterterrorism bureau called on families of Israelis in Sinai to contact their loved ones and inform them of the travel advisory.

Earlier this month, OC Military Intelligence Maj.-Gen. Aviv Kochavi revealed that the IDF had recently thwarted 10 different terrorist plots to attack Israel from Sinai in the past few months. A day before, terrorists fired a Katyusha rocket from Sinai into Israel.

The intelligence chief said that terrorist groups were working to establish a stronger presence in Sinai. In December, The Jerusalem Post reported how Hamas had established rocket production lines in Sinai and was also moving some of its weapons caches there to protect them from Israeli air strikes.

Israel believes that Egyptian security forces have lost control of the peninsula since the fall of president Hosni Mubarak last year. Extremist elements who have gained a foothold in Sinai have ambushed police forces and have repeatedly sabotaged the pipeline that delivers natural gas to Jordan and Israel.