The Supreme Court on Sunday decided Balad MK Haneen Zoabi’s will be reinstated for the 19th Knesset election, Army Radio reported.
In an interview with Army Radio, Zoabi called the decision a victory against racism.
Zoabi was disqualified by the Central Elections Committee last week, in a 19-9 vote, despite Attorney-General Yehuda Weinstein recommending that she be allowed to run. The committee approved the ban on the grounds that Zoabi supported terrorism and rejected Israel as a Jewish and democratic state.
Balad chairman Jamal Zahalka had said following the decision last week that if Zoabi is disqualified, Balad would not run.
Likud responded to the decision, saying it is clear the existing law "has to change" and state "unequivocally that any expression of support for terrorism amonst candidates will result in their disqualification from the Knesset."
MK Yariv Levin said the decision is a "scandal", adding that it exposes Knesset and the IDF to terror.
Lahav Harkov contributed to this report.
Please LIKE our Facebook page - it makes us stronger: