print gohome
The Jerusalem Post - Israel News
 
Tourist dies of tehina allergy
By JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH
04/02/2014
 
A 30-year-old South African tourist, who suffered lower-brain death a few days ago as a result of eating tehina, clinically died on Tuesday. The woman, who had been staying alone, quickly developed anaphylactic shock and lost consciousness.

When she was found unconscious, she was hospitalized at Jerusalem’s Shaare Zedek Medical Center, which contacted her family abroad. They agreed to donate her organs for transplant. Organs were removed and sent to the Israel Transplantation Center.
print gohome
print

Copyright © 2014 Jpost Inc. All rights reserved • Terms of UsePrivacy Policy