• Rishon Tours affair (first count): Acquitted on charges that he doublebilled nonprofit organizations for $92,000 in overseas flights, because the state failed to show a consistent fraudulent doublebilling approach and Olmert’s travel agency undertook some questionable actions independently of him.
• Talansky affair (second count): Acquitted on charges of failure to report $600,000 received from American businessman Morris Talansky, because the state failed to show Olmert did anything for Talansky using his public power and because the state did not disprove Olmert’s excuse that the funds were political, not personal.
• Misleading the state comptroller (third count): Acquitted on charges that he failed to report funds received from Joe Almaliah and misled the state comptroller, because it could not be proven that his statements influenced the state comptroller or that his statements were untrue.
CONVICTION • Investment Center affair (second count): Convicted of breach of the public trust while a government minister, in his dealings and preferential treatment of close friend Uri Messer, because he should have recused himself from transactions involving Messer.
• Other Rishon Tours affair charges (first count): Acquitted of charges that she falsified documents to facilitate double-billing nonprofit organizations for $92,000 in overseas flights.
• Talansky affair (second count): Acquitted of helping Olmert obtain $600,000 from Talansky without reporting receipt of the funds, because her underlying conduct was not criminal.
• Wiretapping (fourth count): Acquitted of illegally listening to Olmert’s telephone conversations, because the court found it could not be proved that it had been done without his permission.
• Some of Rishon Tours affair charges (first count): Convicted of charges that she facilitated doublebilling nonprofit organizations for $92,000 in overseas flights, because court found that she made misrepresentations which furthered the double-billing that occurred.
Jerusalem Post Annual Conference. Buy it now, Special offer. Come meet Israel's top leaders