Ezra rejoins Atar with transfer to Maccabi Haifa

Ever since Reuven Atar left Netanya to become Haifa’s new coach it was clear Ezra would become one of Maccabi’s top targets.

By
June 25, 2012 05:11
1 minute read.
New Maccabi Haifa accquisition Hen Ezra

Hen Ezra 370. (photo credit: Adi Avishai)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The transfer saga of the summer in Israeli soccer finally came to an end on Sunday after Hen Ezra moved from Maccabi Netanya to Maccabi Haifa for a fee believed to be in the region of NIS 3.7 million.

Haifa received 75 percent of Ezra’s transfer rights for the fee and will pay the 23- year-old midfielder around NIS 1 million for the remaining 25 percent, which he currently holds.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


Ever since Reuven Atar left Netanya to become Haifa’s new coach it was clear Ezra would become one of Maccabi’s top targets and Atar got his wish on Sunday after an on-and-off negotiation.

“This is a dream come true for me,” said Ezra, who scored 12 goals in an excellent campaign for Netanya last season.

“I’m delighted to be joining Haifa, the biggest club in Israel.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Netanya for being a warm and loving home and for the opportunity I was given.

“From now on, I’m completely focused on helping Haifa to success and with god’s help I will succeed.”

JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:


Ezra, who is set to earn around $180,000 per season over the four-year deal, is the third player Atar has added to his squad, joining Samuel Scheimann, who was signed from Dutch club Excelsior Rotterdam, and Oded Elkayam, brought in from Hapoel Haifa.

The Greens, who will hold their first training session ahead of the 2012/13 season on Thursday, are not done with their summer shopping, with Atar especially keen to further bolster his midfield.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Sarah Silverman
August 26, 2014
Jewish women take home gold at 2014 Emmys

By JTA