12-year-old cyclist killed by bus in Holon

By
March 7, 2016 00:28

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A young boy was killed Sunday when he was run over by a bus while riding a bicycle in Holon.

The boy, described by the National Traffic Police as being 12 years old, was riding on Menachem Begin Street in the city when he was struck and run over by the bus.

United Hatzalah paramedic Hillel Hamawi said, “When we arrived at the scene we found a boy who had been hit by a bus and was in critical condition, unconscious, without a pulse and not breathing.”

Hamawi said paramedics repeatedly attempted to revive him, but were forced to pronounce him dead at the scene. They also treated a number of passengers on the bus who suffered from shock after witnessing the collision.

Magen David Adom paramedics who treated the boy said he suffered massive injuries over his entire body.

National Traffic Police have opened an investigation into the accident to determine whether there was any wrongdoing by the bus driver.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 18, 2018
Home Front Command announces return to routine

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF