2 killed in Kabul raid after threat of attack on US embassy

By JPOST.COM STAFF
December 25, 2010 09:37

Afghan and foreign soldiers on Friday killed two people during a raid in downtown Kabul, after receiving a "credible threat" of an attack on the US Embassy in the capital, NATO officials said according to Reuters.

Soldiers launched the rain after Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security said earlier this week it had arrested three people believed to have been instructed by the Pakistani Taliban to strike the presidential palace and US Embassy in Kabul.

"After receiving a credible threat to attack the US Embassy, the ISAF [International Security Assistance Force] coordinated with Afghan security forces to move on an area of interest," a NATO statement said on Friday. "Intelligence reports indicated there were two vehicles parked there that were thought to be loaded with explosives."


Related Content

Breaking news
May 27, 2018
China says it hopes Trump-Kim summit can happen as planned

By REUTERS