Al Jazeera says Gaddfi forces advancing to Benghazi

By REUTERS
March 18, 2011 22:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

RABAT- Al Jazeera television reported that pro-Gaddafi forces were advancing quickly towards the rebel stronghold of Benghazi on Friday evening, despite a ceasefire declared earlier in the day.

Al Jazeera said its correspondent in Benghazi reported that loyalist forces were clashing with rebels in the towns of Al-Magroun and Slouq, about 50 KM (30 miles) from the city.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 14, 2018
Two pipe bombs thrown at Rachel’s Tomb

By TOVAH LAZAROFF