Ammonia leakage on kibbutz in North causes scare; 4 people hospitalized
By KARINE ROZKOVSKY, YUVAL BAGNO/MAARIV
September 16, 2015 04:43
Israeli authorities in the western Galilee rushed nine people to hospital and instructed residents of a kibbutz to stay indoors after an ammonia leak was reported at a nearby factory late Tuesday.
The incident occurred in Kibbutz Eilon, a community that lies just one kilometer south of Israel's border with Lebanon.
Ten crews of firefighters and poison control experts were dispatched to a factory operated by Top Chef, a company that manufactures frozen foods.