Ankara 'strongly denies' Islamic State attacked Kobani from Turkey

By REUTERS
June 25, 2015 13:00

ANKARA - Turkey's foreign ministry spokesman said he strongly denied allegations that Islamic State militants who launched a deadly attack on the Syrian town of Kobani on Thursday had come from Turkey, describing the claims as "lies."

Spokesman Tanju Bilgic told reporters at a regular briefing that 63 wounded people had been brought to Turkey after the attack and that two of them, one a child, had subsequently died.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 23, 2018
Report: Ethiopia police official arrested over security shortcomings

By REUTERS