(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
Red alert sirens were heard in Hof Ashkelon Regional Council on Sunday evening as two rockets were launched from the Gaza Strip to Israel. Israeli Security forces have identified the two rockets and are looking into the incident. No casualties had been reported.
Head of the Sdot Negev Regional Council Tamir Idan said in response to the incidents that ‘We expect and demand that the security forces will respond strongly and make it clear to the terrorist that the state of Israel is determined not to allow such firing [of rockets] to continue. ’
‘’We are not prepared that an emergency situation will become our daily routine,” he said.
This story is developing, more details to follow.