Barak: We protect Olympic delegation regardless of threats

By JPOST.COM STAFF
July 22, 2012 09:34

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Israeli, British and other international intelligence and security agencies are working ahead of the Olympics to minimize the chance that any attack takes place, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Sunday.

"This is something we work on anyway, whether there is a threat or not," Barak told Army Radio. "There is definitely intelligence and operational awareness" ahead of the games, he said, saying Israel will defend itself everywhere at all times.

Speaking of the terror attack on Israeli tourists in Bulgaria last week, the defense minister said there is nothing new to report about the investigation, but that Israel and its international partners are working with all their might to find those responsible.

"It is clear that this was a Hezbollah operation," he asserted.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Report: Iran says no OPEC member can take over its share of oil exports

By REUTERS