Barak hints at Israeli involvement in Syria attack

By JPOST.COM STAFF
February 3, 2013 14:04

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Outgoing Minister of Defense Ehud Barak may have hinted Sunday to Israeli involvement in last week's reported attack on a weapons convoy in Syria.

Barak, who was speaking at an international security conference in Munich, Germany, said, "I cannot add anything to what you have read in the newspapers about what happened in Syria several days ago."

"What happened in Syria several days ago [is] proof that when we said something we mean it... we say that we don't think it should be allowed to bring advanced weapons systems into Lebanon," the defense minister added.

There has been no Israeli government response to last week's reported attack.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
At least 11 drown as 'duck boat' capsizes in Missouri

By REUTERS