Begin: Gov't erred in handling flotilla, but has improved

By JPOST.COM STAFF
June 14, 2012 15:15

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Likud Minister Benny Begin said Thursday that while the government clearly erred in its handling of the Mavi Marmara incident, the State Comptroller's report on the incident does not necessarily give any lessons on the operation of the government in general.

Speaking at the Knesset State Control Committee discussion of the report which criticized the government's decision-making process during the 2010 Gaza flotilla, Begin said "of course we made a mistake, but there is no doubt that today, we plan and operate differently."

National Security Council head Yaakov Amidror also addressed the committee, saying that report's criticism of the NSC and its lack of involvement in planning for the flotilla, had already been largely rectified.

Amidror said that their has been "a massive improvement in all connected to the NSC's work, and the NSC is allowed to do more.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 22, 2018
Trump willing to put pressure on Netanyahu to accept peace deal

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF